Membership Sponsors & Applications
Joining the Rotary Club of Escondido
We welcome individuals interested in joining our Rotary family to follow our straightforward membership application process:
- Contact Us: To start, express your interest in becoming a member by getting in touch with us. You can do this through our website or by reaching out directly.
- Invitation to Lunch: After receiving your inquiry, we'll extend an invitation for you to join us at one of our upcoming lunches. This provides an opportunity for you to get a feel for our club and meet fellow Rotarians.
- Chat with Membership Chair: If you find our club to be a good fit, you'll have a conversation with our Membership Chair. This step is essential to discuss your potential membership and address any questions you may have.
- Finding a Sponsor: Every New Rotarian is sponsored by an active club member who completes a Membership Proposal. Often the Membership Chair serves as this sponsor, but any club member may also do so. This proposal is then forwarded to our Executive Secretary and the Board of Directors for review.
- Approval Process: The Membership Committee and the Board of Directors will ensure that the proposal aligns with our classification and membership requirements. The proposal is typically approved or disapproved within 30 days. It's important to note that candidates should not be informed of their proposed membership status until this approval process is complete.
- Rotary Club Personal Fact Sheet: Upon approval, your sponsor will provide you with a Rotary Club Personal Fact Sheet to complete and return to the club secretary. Your sponsor will assist you in ensuring that this form is returned promptly.
- Rotary Information Meeting: You will be invited to a Rotary Information meeting where you'll learn about the privileges and responsibilities of Rotary club membership. During this meeting, you'll complete the application card, pay your dues, and give written permission to publish your name and proposed classification to the club membership.
- Membership Election: Your name will be communicated to the club. If there are no objections received by the Board within seven days following the publication of your name, you will be considered elected to membership, and your name will be reported to Rotary International.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Rotary Club of Escondido and sharing the journey of service, community, and camaraderie with you. If you have any questions or need further assistance with the application process, please don't hesitate to reach out.
At any step in the process, feel free to call or email the Membership Director with your questions.
In order to keep our club vibrant and growing, it is a responsibility of every member of our club to bring in new members.
Here is the process for proposing a new member:
- The Primary Sponsor completes a Membership Proposal and forwards it to the Executive Secretary, Larry Lynch and the Board of Directors. This proposal must be signed by the member sponsor.
- The Membership Committee and the Board of Directors ensures that the proposal meets all of the classification and membership requirements and approves or disapproves of the proposal within 30 days. The proposer is notified through the club secretary. Note: Until this approval process is completed, candidates should NOT be informed that they have been proposed for membership
- Upon approval the proposer is given a Rotary Club Personal Fact sheet to give to the prospective member for completion and return to the secretary. It is the proposer’s responsibility to follow up with their candidate to see that this form is returned in a timely manner.
- The prospective member is then informed at a Rotary Information meeting of the privileges and responsibilities of Rotary club membership, asked to complete the application card, pay their dues and to give written permission to publish their name and proposed classification to the club membership.
- The candidates name is communicated to the club. If no objections are received by the board within seven days following the publication of the candidates name, that person is considered to be elected to membership and their name is reported to Rotary International.